Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy New Year!

I would like to wish everyone a Happy & Prosper New Year!

My New Year has had a great start!! First I have my last finish form 2006…well sort of!! It is the BC Snapperville! I was able to get it all stitched but the flag on 6th block! I went to get my Lancaster Red floss & it wasn’t in with all my other floss! I must have used it & miss placed it (I think the 'ole frog must have snatched it) It is no where to be found & I know I had it! I have some on the way to me, but wont be here for a few more days, so I will still consider this piece as my last stitch of 2006! I still need to add the snaps & buttons to it & have my DH make the frame for it! Hopefully it will be hanging on my wall soon :-)



This morning I made my first stitching purchase for 2007! I subscribe to The Gift Of Stitching! There is a Bee Pinkeep design by Diane Williams from Little House Needleworks & her Daughter from Country Cottage Needleworks in this months issue. I love both of these designers & just had to get that pattern!! I have been wanting to make a pinkeep for sometime now & what a wonderful pattern to make my first pinkeep from :o)

I am getting ready to do a SAL with Mary Ann! We are going to stitch the BC Snappers 2004 monthly charts. We will be stitching one a month & I am really looking forward to this SAL! I was in an R&R about 2 –3 yrs. ago & one of the ladies had chosen the BC Snappers & when it was my turn to stitch them, I really liked them & have been wanting to stitch them ever since. I pulled all my threads & have my charts ready. I ordered some fabric for it & now just waiting for the fabric to arrive & then I will be ready to start. YEHA!! I am planning to stitch it on 32 ct Ivory Jobelan with DMC threads. I also thought about Lambswool for it, so I order that as well..lol ! I will see which one will look best with the colors!

I am still working on my blog & will be adding to it these next few days. I would like to get some type of theme going & looks like it may take sometime!

Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Your blog is looking great Joann, love the BC, good luck with your SAL with Mary Ann, looking forward to seeing this months LOL

Karen said...

I like your finish will you post a pic of it framed for us to enjoy please?

Mary Ann said...

BC Snapperville looks great, JoAnn! And, you blog is looking lovely too! My fabric, floss, and needle are ready to start the SAL tomorrow! :-)

Sally said...

Your Snapperville looks fantastic JoAnn. Looking forward to seeing your SAL with Mary Ann!

Your blog is looking good!